The mission of Ecolife is to empower you to make your life greener. Whether you are looking to find better ways to recycle different types of plastic or learn more about ethical fashion, we hope to provide you with the answers you need to make a positive impact on the planet.
Our articles simplify complex information and decisions so that you can easily adapt the guidance to your own life. With our editorial guidelines, we strive to ensure that all articles published on our site are always up-to-date, accurate, unbiased, inclusive, and easy to grasp.
Our editorial guidelines
To ensure that our content fulfills our mission while maintaining integrity, we have a set of editorial guidelines that our writers and editors follow.
We place high importance on:
- Accuracy: Our editorial team works hard to ensure the accuracy and relevancy of the information in our articles. We fact-check our articles and update them when needed to reflect new information or developments.
- Independence: We are committed to editorial independence and do not allow the information in our articles to be influenced by anyone unless a significant error of fact within the content is brought to our attention.
- Sources: Any data points and factual claims within our articles are sourced, credited, and linked to whenever possible, and we emphasize relying only on reputable sources from experts in their field.
- Inclusivity: Ecolife seeks to provide information that is inclusive of all readers, regardless of their gender, race, and prior knowledge of the subject. Everyone can make a difference.
- Impartiality: Our articles provide information without taking a side on contentious topics unless we have reputable sources and citations to back up those positions.
- Positivity: We aim to seek solutions over negativity and inactivity. That is why you won’t find excessive use of intimidating statistics here. While we may throw out the occasional fact regarding environmental degradation, we try to always be optimistic.
We are happy to accept sponsorship and partnership opportunities to engage our audience of green-minded people with your product or service. We are, however, against greenwashing, and we only support products or services that have a minimal impact on the environment.
As such, we only consider partnerships with products or services that are free or near free of dangerous toxins and chemicals, consider all stakeholders along the materials output line, and are made from renewable or recycled materials.
If your product meets these criteria, please contact us with your proposal. We look forward to hearing from you!