With promises of pimple-busting miracles, acne creams, washes, sticks, and serums all give us the hope of living blemish-free. Those of us with acne-prone skin and ongoing pimple challenges require cleansers and washes that keep the pimples at bay but you may be compromising your health by using conventional acne treatments. Read this article to understand which chemicals to avoid, how to prevent acne, and how to find natural acne treatments.
Commonly found chemicals in acne creams
The acne treatments can be full of synthetic chemicals that pose numerous health concerns for your skin and your entire body. Take this list with you when looking for natural acne creams. The natural ones are those without these ingredients:
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA)
- Diethanolamine (DEA)
- Mineral oil
- Salicylic acid
- Triethanolamine (TEA)
Natural Acne Prevention
Let’s start with natural ways to prevent acne from arriving.
- Acne tea: Try sipping antioxidant-rich, blemish-fighting acne teas made with ingredients like dandelion root, alfalfa, red clover, echinacea, and capsicum.
- Antioxidant-rich foods: Eat fresh fruits and veggies as well as green tea to keep your internal acne-fighting systems in top form. Additionally, stay away from processed food that are full of unhealthy ingredients.
- Calendula (pot marigold): You can grow your own and use the tea of the flowers, or buy calendula skin products.
- Vitamin B5: Necessary to produce coenzyme A that helps clear up skin. B5 can be a welcome addition to your vitamin routine.
- Water: Remind yourself to drink lots of water to keep flushing toxins from your system and maintain well-hydrated, healthy skin.
- Zinc supplements: This mineral can be highly beneficial for those with acne. Furthermore, it is beneficial for vision and anemia as well.
Purchasing Natural Acne Treatments
If you prefer to purchase a ready-made natural acne treatment product, here are some options:
- Blemish Touch Stick by Desert Essence is crafted using 100% pure Australian Tea Tree Oil, along with Chamomile and Lavender, providing a natural remedy for addressing skin blemishes. This gentle and soothing formula is effective in diminishing the visibility of blemishes. Furthermore, it’s worth noting that Desert Essence is a cruelty-free brand and holds B-Corp certification.
- Tea Tree Medicated Gel for Acne by Thursday Plantation is a natural solution specifically designed to address various acne-related concerns. This invisible treatment is well-suited for managing whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, and acne. Whereas, their soap bar not only cleanses and exfoliates the skin but also contributes to acne and pimple prevention. Integria Healthcare, the company behind Thursday Plantation, does not conduct animal testing for any of Thursday Plantation products.
As always, when looking for natural acne treatment products, be sure to keep the health of animals in mind. Opt for items that are devoid of animal-derived components and have not been subjected to animal testing. Look out for the Leaping Bunny Logo or the Certified Vegan Logo to confirm the cruelty-free status of your chosen product.